Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Treats, Not Sweets


Sometimes the treat does not have to be a sweet.  Take these fun packs of art and crafts materials.  They are suitable for scrapbooking or for art journals. Or just give them to the kids and let their sugar highs help them create wonderful Halloween art for you.








 As with many of my projects, the packets start with torn cotton calico ribbons.  I washed the heck out of two to four yard lengths of cloth.  Dried them on high heat.  Then the fun part.  Your kids could help.  Just measure and make a starter snip in the fabric end.  Then let 'er rip!  

I tore these into three-inch wide lengths and two-inch wide lengths.



Yes, the strings get everywhere - I often do this outside so the wildlife will collect the strings for nests.




 In this packet I included:

2  yards orange ribbon
2  yards green tulle
1  shipping label (distressed, of course!)
4  sheets of Halloween paper



I altered a Moon face image from the Graphics Fairy to make this Happy Halloween tag.  It is tied to 2 yards of the orange ribbon.

This pack includes:

4 sheets paper
2 yards green tulle
2 yards orange seam binding ribbon
4 small craft sticks
4 sheets of paper



 A pack of assorted paper with one of the Moon tags.


Packet includes:

4 sheets paper
1 glassine envelope with circles of Halloween  pictures
2 yards orange ribbon








 
I am sure that any child would love the chance to create Halloween art or even any adult.  Take plenty of pictures of the little ghosts and goblins. I was going to use pictures of my brothers and me dressed up for Halloween for my cards this year, but my mother broke the news that she never took any!  REALLY!

Plus as an added bonus, I reduced some of my craft stash.  I am still working on the October Overhaul.  I have a plan and will be be sticking to it.  (That is my daily mantra.  BUT  I had been bad, so bad.  I will post about it so come back!)



Another sign of Fall in the South.  Six foot tall or higher Mexican sunflowers - so bright in the sunlight!

See y'all!

October Overhauling



Follow Me on Pinterest  . shabby creek cottageFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialIt's OverflowingThe Graphics Fairy

3 comments:

  1. Donna, what awesome packets! Just looking at them I thought of how fun it would be to do some projects with them! You know I envy your way cool tags! The moon is just awesome! You go bad girl and overhaul away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great packets! It's nice to see something other than candy all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! A treat indeed.
    Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!