Monday, November 19, 2012

Have Suitcase, Will Travel

If you have a suitcase handy, it holds the promise of travel.

This is the season when many travel for holiday gatherings.

This is the season when many need to find a place to hide stuff before those traveling reach your house.  YIKES!

Grab a suitcase and fill it up - company is coming!

ONE SUITCASE












TWO SUITCASES

















THREE SUITCASES


















FOUR SUITCASES.
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR!

I love this stack of suitcases that all fit into each other.  Yes, I know one is a tote, not really a suitcase, but STILL what a cute stack.  

Chucks saw the one suitcase in the car and said he was so proud that I had only bought one case on thrifting day.

I had to own up to it  being four because he kept hanging around when I was trying to get a photo.  How annoying!









 These two were hidden in the living room which is rapidly emptying as the Christmas decorating season is upon us.  (Actually a heavy weight on top of me!)

Twin Monarchs with flat, easy-to-stack tops.








 Just think of all you could hide in these vintage beauties.



Now all of these you have seen over the last few months.  I picked up one or two here and one there as I thrifted through summer and fall.

Now they are ready to travel over to Riverfront Antique Mall to live until someone takes them home.

 




By the way, those small suitcases and the train cases make great bedside guest gifts.  Just fill them with snacks, books, magazines, and lotions for your guests. Then let them take them home if they want.


Besides you know me - there are more hiding in the attic!

Hope everyone is enjoying this Thanksgiving week - be safe!

See y'all!

Follow Me on Pinterest  . The DIY Dreamer vif187Homespun HappeningsOne More Time EventsFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialIt's Overflowing

20 comments:

  1. What a great collection! Someone at the antique mall is going to get excited when they find those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! You could probably mod podge them and add a stencil in addition to using them as guest gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love old suitcases- great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection Donna ... good luck at your Mall.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old suitcases.Great collection! I love your blog!!!!
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a huge trend right now - I've seen them everywhere and my favorite store has some that she painted pink and stacked in a fireplace - so cute. I love the idea of using the small train cases as gifts for guests. I'm looking for some now for my New Year's Eve guests!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. You have the best suitcase collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great old suit cases. Thinkin on doing a table with one:) Following your blog now. Follow me too at www.sewsweetvintage.com I posted "dolled up" to whimsical wed:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These is an amazing collection. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/mason-jar-center-piece-and-wednesdays.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had practically become a Hoarder of Beautiful Vintage Suitcases... now many have gone to my new Showroom at the Antique Mall to find new Homes too. *Whew!* A Vintage Suitcase Intervention is no longer necessary... *Winks*

    Happy Thanksgiving from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love old luggage... I have a collection in my guest room...Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always come up with the greatest finds!!!

    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great collection of suitcases! Love how they stack. Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this...it is AWESOME!!!!! as always! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great collection of vintage suit cases!! :) xx Holly

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!