Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Flowery Post

gardening, spring, azaleas, blooming flowers
I walked out into the front yard on Saturday morning to find it filled with blooms.  

Since I am on spring break, I thought I would share something not rusty, not crusty, and not a vintage find.

No distressing or tagging or sanding involved either.

Mother Nature has really put on a show on our street.

I guess she remembers all the curses about the extreme winter.

Enjoy this flowery post.

If someone knows this blue flower - a low spreader - let me know.  It was an orphan plant I picked up at Lowe's a couple of years ago.


 I have several of these salmon pink azaleas.  

The color is great for about two days and then they fade quickly.







Yellow Lady Banksia rose with a Pride of Mobile azalea.

My gaudy sisters of the yard.

Love the fuchsia pink with the yellow!








The rose does not have a support - I just let it ramble where it wants.












What a lovely contrast of the white against the coral.












I always call this one "Candy Striper" for the pink stripes on the white.  Some blooms pop out all pink.









This one is tucked in right by the front door.

Its foliage is a lighter green - almost a lime color.












A hardy one here - it deserves a big hand for all the color it has put out.

It was smashed by a huge limb and I had no idea if it would spring back.

(Pun intended!)

OOPS!  Some rusty fence wire sneaked in.





The lantanna I planted a couple of weeks ago has flourished and is blooming like crazy.

I forgot to check if it was a spreader or an upright one.

Does not matter - I love all lantannas.





This one is special - it has moved with us from our first house to this one.

It was moved when the shed was moved to the backyard.

It was moved and sat in a corner while the pool was built.



I have several azaleas from cuttings from this one -

Which was grown from a cutting from my mother -

Which was grown from a cutting from my grandfather -

Which was grown from a cutting from my great-grandmother.



One last look at the Candy Striper.

Chucks looked over my shoulder to ask what was a "Candy Stripper"!

Naughty, naughty boy.




Enjoy what Mother Nature is giving us now.

I am sure she has something up her sleeve for summer.

I am sure there will be more curses.

Mother Nature does what she pleases!

See y'all!










Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed
Be Inspired #185 at Common Ground 

Lavender Garden Cottage

9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are just beautiful Donna! I have never seen one of the "candy striper" azaleas before and I think I need one! I'll be on the lookout. I like the history of the one azaleas you shared. I have a gardenia that came from a cutting from my paternal grandfathers grave. He passed away when my daddy was just 11 years old. It is very special to me. Hope you're having a fabulous time with Olivia....tell her hello for me!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word, Donna! It seems as if you were just showing us your barren yard and now it's blooming quite beautifully, I must say. Nothing here in my yard except the pansies I got from Walmart. Oh, and the dandelions sprouting next door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring. Your garden is just loaded with beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss azaleas in April so much. We lived in Memphis for several years and they were such a beautiful part of a southern spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed watching your flowers. So many different ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What beautiful gardens you have Donna. How wonderful to have that azalea that goes back generations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Your yard is blooming with gorgeous stuff! Ours is just beginning. Love that you stuck a little rustiness in! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are so enjoyable. Wish we could grow azalea here.
    Enjoy you blogging break time.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!