Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pink, French, Floral


pink chair makeover
A lot Sweet Pea Pink, a bit French, and a bunch floral.

Many of you know how I have bemoaned the fact Sweet Pea Pink has left the building  (supply stores!)


I had enough on my last day with her to paint this pseudo-French chair.




I found the chair fresh from the sixties with its original white and gold French Provincial (?) paint and its silk (?) damask cushion at a local thrift.

I thought she was worthy of a Sweet Pea makeover.







Shamelessly bottomless she perched on the paint frame to begin the makeover.

Notice I have repurposed the doors from the The Big Ugly for a base when I am painting.

And to think Chucks was planning to throw them away!







Resplendent in her new pink dress.


















Next I took a sanding sponge to her to distress the pink.














More distressing all around.














I have shared this trick with you before and will again.

For the final sanding before waxing, I use a very cheap, rough paper towel.


Rub hard all over.

Results in a satin-y smooth finish.




I had a piece of throwback fabric (probably nineties or maybe earlier).

I do love pink with creamy yellow and a bit a blue thrown in.

Instead of centering the large floral pattern, I moved the fabric down toward the front of the chair.

It appears the flowers are growing up from the edge.




Yep, she is a lot pink, a bit French, and a bunch floral.

She danced her way over to the store.

I plan a whole pink theme as a tribute to Sweet Pea.



There is a tiny bit of paint left in the last can - maybe for a small box or basket.

I promise I will not mourn the loss of spray paint again.

Maybe not.


See Y'all!










Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Be Inspired #187 at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Thrifty Life Thursday #16 at Revisionary Life 
Party Junk #237 at Funky Junk Interiors

  

Shabbilicious Friday

PhotobucketSay G'Day SaturdayFurniture Feature FridaysThoughts from AliceVisit My 1929 Charmer Blog!A Stroll Thru LifeThe DIY Dreamer

19 comments:

  1. Up early and about to head to work, but had to pop in for a visit first! The chair is just gorgeous! She will no doubt sell quickly. Love the way you placed the fabric on her...:) Have a sweet day!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Donna! I wanted to do pink in the family room at the new house...but Sam said no. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have your blogland friends search for any leftover sweet pea for you! I was thinking of heading to the hardware store today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks darling in her new get-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a sad day for the end of Sweet Pea, but your chair does her justice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very pretty pink! I wish I had some! You know you might not be able to buy it as a spray paint, but you could take a sample to the paint store for a color match, at least you could use it as a brush paint. I'm gonna stop at a few stops by me and see if they have it. Love you chair, and I have a similar one! Have a great Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't imagine her makeover being any more perfect. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's just as pretty as can be. Thanks for the tip about sanding with rough paper towels, never hear of that one before, but it makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floral fabric is so perfect with pink! Pinning:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual you've transformed it perfectly. I love the pink. Some very lucky little girl is probably going to have this in her room very soon~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this chair, Donna. I wish she would come live at my house. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty chair! She would look so pretty sitting at a ladies writing desk!
    Happy (Sweet Pea) Pink Saturday,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful redo. Pink's not my thing normally, but I am in love with this chair. Clever positioning of the gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. visiting from Marty's place......My post today is about my hunt for chairs like this....
    absolutely adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  15. So perfect in pink, love it. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a GREAT transformation! Would love for you to submit this for my May Thrift Challenge project, which so happens to be "Chair Makeovers!" Check it out at: http://www.somethingtobefound.com/2014/05/may-reader-thrift-challenge-upcycle.html#.U2oervldWSo

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful Donna!!! I really need to try and spray paint.. I'm still nervous about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much prettier in pink! I love the floral fabric too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!