Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fabric Flowers


creating fabric flowers, rosettes Fabric flowers or rosettes as I call them - a quick craft to do. 

They add a sweet touch to baskets and bins and boxes.

I have added them to my Prairie - Plain & Primitive baskets.

I also made me a brooch for my favorite shirt.





Start with a fabric scrap - this one was upholstery material. 

You need about two feet in length.











Tear into strips of about three or four inches in width.

I do not measure - just rip away.

The more tattered the edges, the better I like the look.









Fold in half and use a running basting stitch along the folded edge.

I hand sew these.

Pull the thread to draw in the fabric and twist into a flower shape.







I overhand stitch the opening and pull the thread in tight.

Pull and plump.

Decide if you want a center.

Good centers?



Old buttons, beads, and pearls.

I have used rusty bolts too!








And in the time it took to write this short post, you have a fabric flower - the perfect rosette for any project.


Happy sewing.



See y'all!

 




Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest


Savvy Southern StyleThoughts from AliceDwellings-The Heart of Your HomeThe DIY Dreamer

14 comments:

  1. Ah thank you my friend! I can totally do this! I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love.........and easy peasy!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to make some of these to use in place of yo-yo's or even mixed in with them. They would be quicker to whip up! :)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little project for my niece to do while she's here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I think I'm going to have to give them a try. Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty Donna - I'd love to use them as bows on gifts and then they get to keep them afterwards ( or I ask for them back after they open their gifts LOL )
    I'm pinning this for sure!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these rosettes! Sooo pretty, and I never would have thought they were so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, and thanks for your oh so sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My earlier comment did not publish, so will try again.
    These look easy enough and I think I could make them.
    They look great on the baskets ... love the one with the ticking.
    I am sure I can find a use for them. Have lots of old jewelry.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! I adore the one on the basket I got from you :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so adorable with the pearls and the fabric is perfect. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these. Thanks for the tutorial. I am going to put them on some of my items to sell. They dress them up so much!

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fabric flowers, and your version is so lovely, yet so easy! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute Donna! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!