Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Wicker Planter

reviving vintage wicker
Remember the wicker planter I bought last week?  

It was great to have the original galvanized box still in good shape, but the wood was dried out and in need of a little pick-me-up.









I simply washed and waxed the metal planter.

The wicker had at some point in time been painted brown, but now was faded.







The spool and turned legs in desperate need of stain.














I used a chip brush and antique walnut stain all over everything.












 Let it sit and dry.



















The wicker planter has definitely got a little more go in her.

Available at Booth W-10, Riverfront Antique Mall in North Augusta, SC.

$28 !!!

You can't beat that with a stick.



See y'all!






>





Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA15

SHOP HERE! 







Follow Me on Pinterest

Share Your Style #13
Vintage Inspiration Party #189 
Feathered Nest Friday 
A Morning Cup Of Joe 
Party Junk #279  

I'd love to have you join in my link party  
giveaways

20 comments:

  1. Oh Donna, I'm swooning over that plant stand.....I could see it on my porch with fern's , but would actually put in my home.$28.00 ????? I guess you can't ship it thru your Etsy shop.lol
    That piece would be worth a road trip from Ohio to your booth. Absolute love !!!
    Have a wonderful day :) TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have projects just piling up in my garage waiting for me to finally get to summer break from school (come on June 17th) -- but the day job will still get in the way a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want that! I've been looking at wicker planters and this is perfect! But you're too far away! You did a fabulous job in reviving the look! Twenty-eight dollars? Too low, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty eight bucks is a great deal! If I lived close by it would be already sold, but I'm sure some lucky buyer will snap it up quick..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wicker planter. And what a great price! It'll sell fast, I'm sure. Have a great day Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this planter and would have grabbed it up first thing this morning if I lived in your area! Just gorgeous!! The wicker and wood look beautiful with their new coat of stain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would run right over and buy that.....just a small matter of distance though, lol. This was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fell in love with that planter the first time you showed it. I love the details in the wicker. One of the things I like about what we do is finding that "little more go" in things and setting it free. That price is a super duper deal. Bet you have a super duper quick sale too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great piece Donna ... if I lived close enough, I would be an early bird to your shop in hopes of being able to get it. You find the neatest stuff.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that's a great buy. love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad I'm not a little closer! I would have to buy it! It turned out great Donna. Hope you're doing well! Have a great week...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great Donna.........has it sold? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would also love to buy it, if Vicky didn't beat me to it. It's perfect.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some tender loving care can do wonder to a planter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Donna, I would nab that baby up in a big hurry. I love it! You made it happy again! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. I rarely see these with their metal planters inside. It's so lucky that you came along to save it. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gosh Donna, I doubt that you still have that in your space. what a steal!!! I'd have been over there loading it up if I lived nearby. You did a great job restoring it's beauty. I'm such a sucker for anything wicker!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!