Thursday, June 18, 2015

Odds Bottles and Jars

repurposing jars and bottles, vintage bits and bobs, Linen ChicSometimes I get bogged down by the vast number of smalls residing in Horror Monster, my beloved craft stash.




Time to dig out those bottles and jars I have been storing.

I gather buttons, lace, trim, Frozen Charlottes, and other interesting bits and bobs.







Spice bottles with cork tops are great for assortments.

I always try to find the ones already cleaned of all labels.

I'm just lazy that way!








These labels are from Valerie at Linen Chic.


I left the middle blank for someone to write a name or a sentiment.











Her labels are always great.

Her eBay store is closed while she is away, but you can visit later HERE.













I filled these with buttons.

The cork was secured to the bottle with a bit of double-sided tape.












 To use or to display.

















A very large jar = more stuff leaving the house!




















Another label from Linen Chic.

Ruffled tulle around the lip.

"ODDS" on the lid.













Crammed with all sorts of goodies.

Odds bottles and jars.

I love them!

Available in Booth W-10 at Riverfront Antique Mall, North Augusta, SC.


See y'all!













Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA15

SHOP HERE! 







Follow Me on Pinterest

Feathered Nest Friday
A Morning Cup Of Joe 
Show And Share No. 267 
Vintage Inspiration Party #194 

giveaways
Savvy Southern Style

10 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful way to get rid of the small goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought to fill the jars before selling! Great idea! I have a whole box of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I have so much little stuff I should make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I have jars filled too, and I even buy them when I see one with bits and bobs I seem to think I need! I have a very large pickle jar filled with cookie cutters, old canning jars filled with buttons and other assorted jars filled with game pieces, and all kinds of doo dads! I know I have a stash of pieces and parts along with jars to be filled. I have sold some out of my booth but I so enjoy looking at them........some have lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, what a marvelous post and so timely for me. Just last night I was washing out a dill pickle jar and debating whether to throw it out or keep it. I kept it, but had no idea why, until now. Thank you for the inspiration:)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Donna. I have lots of stuff to fill jars, but need some pretty jars and cute labels. Was just looking at a large bag of non-working watches I have and wondering what to do with them. Wonder how much I can get in that small neck beaker jar I just bought? Will check out that eBay store later. Thanks,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea, I definitely need to remember this!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old bottles and jars. I picked a few up myself in Maine at a flea market! :-) I especially love them when they come filled with buttons...those are my favorites! These were empty. :-( But I liked them anyway and brought them home. I will be blogging about them if we can ever sit still long enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea. I found a box of vintage mason jars a while back and have been wondering what to do with them all. I couldn't not buy it for $2 for the whole box, but it's been sitting and waiting ever since. This would be perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was in college, I filled two large pickle jars with rocks, shells, etc from states I had visited. Right now I have a massive bag of vintage buttons (most of them metal) that I have been seeking out cool jars for. I love the jar labeled "ODDS." You need to make an "ENDS" jar to go with it and sell them as a set!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!