Monday, April 18, 2016

Rolling Blue Tool Chest


primitive, tool chest, blue patina
What is not to like about a primitive blue rolling tool chest?

It checks all the boxes on my list.







After cleaning out all the metal bits, it needed a heavy scraping and scrubbing.

Of course I used  my A+ scraper tool.

Melissa of Melissa's Antiques guessed correctly my favorite tool is actually a grill cleaner!

The hardest parts were the two small partitioned areas on either side.

Resorted to a toothbrush to clean those. 







Hanging out to dry.

Notice the top is not attached.

The screws had ripped from the frame.

Wood glue, clamps and four new screws fixed the darling right up.





The wood was very dry so Feed'N Wax to the rescue.











Delicious blue patina.















 
The handles are drawer pulls.

But they are sturdy.












The wood really glows.















I refuse to give it a name because I cannot keep it.

Though I do lust after it.















It will be rolling its primitive blue self off to the farm sale at Magnolia Ridge.




See y'all!












Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA16

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Show And Share No. 310 
Talk Of The Town #16 



giveaways
Join Us for Share Your Cup

Thrifty Rebel Vintage

24 comments:

  1. She is GORGEOUS! I hope you put a nice high price on her--she's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, how can you resist keeping that one??! It's all that - age, coloring, hardware (those casters!). Someone's gonna get a real prize in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna she is a beauty. It will sell fast. Love the color.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna! She is really special! If I name her can I keep her?
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Donna! Beautiful job and it will make someone very happy - what a treasure!
    JoanMarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It Looks so pretty, love that color!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would snatch that up in a heartbeat if I were closer. I do so love it! I got a similar box at the estate sale last weekend (old sears roebuck shipping box) but it didn't have wheels. It went away to my new booth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't be able to resist it's charm. It will definitely be a very happy purchase for some lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the color is just divine!! How can you part with it?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is BEAUTIFUL! I'd have a hard time giving it up... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome find, Donna, as I am really into blue right now. I bought a new can of blue paint this weekend. Love, love, love the chest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tool chest Donna ... I am sure I could find a place for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that tool chest. I know I would buy it if I was closer. It is probably a good thing, I'm not as I'd be in your booth every day! LOL!! Have a great week.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my... I would have to keep her, but I know you can't keep everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lust after it too! Love the color and lovely patina. I'll bet it's the first thing to sell. Thanks for sharing at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ack--love this! It makes my heart go pitter-patter! Thanks for linking up to Talk of the Town!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful piece! I'm sure it will sell quickly for you. I would like to invite you to link up to our party, Sweet Inspiration. It starts today and runs until Tuesday. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colour (of course) and the fact that it has wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The color and patina are just scrumptious! Thanks for sharing on Friday's Furniture Fix! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post. I have a box that I can use and I just need to find some wheels.


    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just popping back in to say how much I love, love, love this tool chest. So much so that I'm featuring it at Vintage Charm tomorrow. Thanks so much for sharing it with us,

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous color! I don't think I could part with that treasure ... I'd put a really, really high price on her in the hopes no one buys her and could then bring her home .. guilt free. :D Good luck at your event! Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!