Tuesday, February 28, 2017

AAUW Books 'N' Things Fair

AAUW, book fair, fundraiser, book sale, Riverfront Antique Mall
Most of you have been commenting on this notice at the bottom of my posts for the last several weeks.

This weekend is the big sale - Friday and Saturday.

This is the AAUW Aiken Branch's big fund raiser.

It is one of the largest of all AAUW chapters.

We need to raise at least $30,000 to fund our scholarships and local literacy programs.

This year it will be located at the Riverfront Mini-Mall located right across the bridge from Augusta, GA.

Just 20 minutes from Aiken, SC.






I will be featuring photos of the sections of books, music, and attic treasures over on my Facebook page each day.

All the books are sorted by fiction/nonfiction.

Then by genre.

Then by author.

Then alphabetized.







There are close to 100,000 books awaiting the crowd of book lovers and booksellers. 

All are welcomed to buy as many books as possible.

I usually buy by the truckload.

Hardbacks are $1 and paperbacks $0.50.


Special books are priced at 25% of their retail value.




 ATTIC TREASURES


Attic Treasures are across the back of the building.

Here's a sneak peek.

This group has worked hard to display all the items and price them very fairly.













I love this dollhouse.

No, I will not buy it.

I must remember I am downsizing.

I am downsizing.

I am downsizing.












The back room of Attic Treasures is packed full from the floor up.

I hope if you are near, you will come and shop for a good cause.

And you can walk next door and enjoy Riverfront Antique Mall.

I will be busy helping with the final sorting and then working during the fair.

Wait until Friday Finds to see some of the books I have purchased.

Book lovers will swoon.


See y'all!














Come visit the Riverfront Antique Mall dealer page on Facebook:  Dealing On The River and like us!



ETSY SHOP IS CLOSED

 I will accept reserved listings if you see something in the blog posts you want.




Follow Me on Pinterest



12 comments:

  1. Wow lots and lots of books. Hope they all sell!! What a great cause too.
    Have fun.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book sales....sure wish I were within driving distance! Looking for those Alfred Hitchcock's Three Investigators takes a lot of patience and a lot of luck! give me a holler if you find some.... and if you're serious, send me an email and I'll give you my phone number. The Attic Treasures area sounds like a good addition for lots more fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm salivating and drooling wishing I could be there! Don't forget you are downsizing.😜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could drive over for this sale...hmmmmmmm, maybe? Love the doll house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lamenting! When Katie was on her retreat this past weekend, she learned of another Continuing Ed Credit opportunity, and it is scheduled for Friday. RATS! I don't think we'll be able to make it, although I want to so badly. The way they organized the books is amazing. People probably appreciate that so they can go right to their favorite author. I wish YOU luck as you work the sale. Oh, gosh, I wish I could be there. I'm aching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides, we need another book like we need another hole in our heads!!! We'll be thinking of you, though!

      Delete
  6. I will envy those that can pick through from afar.....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great sale that will be. I know you enjoyed being involved with it and that you will be adding to your book collection. I am not much of a "book-buyer", but I sure would enjoy the attic treasures. Good luck and have fun.
    Thanks you for all the work you do to help recycle.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sale looks fabulous! Wish I were closer. Looking forward to seeing your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my... that looks like book lover's heaven. I've never seen such a big sale before. I could happily look through those books for days. I wish you an awesome sale!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!